USPS Tracking Plus, an extended service by the United States Postal Service (USPS), offers users more extended access to tracking details for their packages. In this blog, we’ll get into the nitty gritty of what USPS Tracking Plus is, its distinctive features compared to regular tracking, its benefits, associated costs, and more.
What is USPS Tracking Plus?
Let’s start with the basics. USPS Tracking Plus is a fee-based service offering customers an extended mailing and package tracking period. It allows up to 10 years of tracking history for domestic shipments and up to 7 years for international ones. This service also offers the option to request a Premium Tracking Statement via email during the specified period.
How is it Different from Regular Tracking?
The most significant difference lies in the extended duration. While standard USPS tracking allows access to package information for a limited period, usually up to 120 days for non-signature items and two years for signature items, USPS Tracking Plus offers significantly longer tracking history, crucial for those needing access beyond the standard periods. It provides official data that legal and financial institutions may accept as evidence for mailings and deliveries in legal proceedings.
What are the Benefits of Using USPS Tracking Plus
The benefits of opting for this new USPS tracking service are multifaceted, mostly for financial and legal purposes:
– Resolution of delivery disputes using the extended tracking information.
– Accepted evidence of mailing in legal and financial scenarios.
– Critical information for legal proceedings and claims.
Who Would Need to Use USPS Tracking Plus?
USPS Tracking Plus is beneficial for various scenarios, particularly for those who:
– Regularly engage in legal proceedings, where extended tracking history can serve as crucial evidence.
– Manage businesses that require accurate and extended tracking data.
– Deal with financial institutions where official data is essential for transactions and disputes.
How do I follow a package using USPS Tracking Plus?
Tracking a package using USPS Tracking Plus follows a similar process to regular USPS tracking. To utilize this USPS service and monitor your package, follow these steps:
1. Access the USPS Website: Go to the official USPS website, where you typically track your packages.
2. Enter the Tracking Number: Locate the tracking number provided to you when you shipped the package. It might be on your shipping receipt, confirmation email, or text message.
3. Track Your Package: Enter the tracking number in the designated field on the USPS website. Click on the “Track” or “Find” button.
4. View the Detailed Tracking History: Once the tracking number is entered, you should be able to view detailed information about your package, such as its current location, transit status, expected delivery date, and any recent updates or events related to its journey.
5. Extend Access for USPS Tracking Plus: If you’ve purchased the USPS Tracking Plus service for the specific package, you should have access to an extended history beyond the standard duration provided by regular USPS tracking.
6. Premium Tracking Statement: You can request a Premium Tracking Statement by email if you need a document detailing the extended tracking history. This statement can be helpful as evidence in legal proceedings or for resolving disputes.
Remember that access to USPS Tracking Plus is typically purchased for a specific period. Ensure you have bought the service for the package you want to track and are within the purchased duration to access the extended tracking details.
If you encounter any issues or need more specific information about your package’s tracking, it’s advisable to contact USPS customer service for assistance.
Cost of USPS Tracking Plus
The cost of this USPS tracking service varies depending on the desired extension duration. Prices start at $0.99 for a six-month extension and up to $6.75 for a ten-year extension with Signature Retention. The service allows users to select the extension duration best suits their tracking needs.
Eligible USPS Products
- Priority Mail Express Service
- Priority Mail Service
- Parcel Select Service
- Parcel Select Lightweight Service
- Adult Signature
- Library Mail
- Bound Printed Matter
- Media Mail
- First-Class Mail (Letters and Flats)*
- USPS Marketing Mail parcels*
- USPS Marketing Mail Nonprofit parcels*
- Priority Mail Express International
- Priority Mail International
- First-Class Package International Service (where Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International Service is available)
* With the purchase of a trackable extra service
In conclusion, USPS Tracking Plus provides extended access to USPS tracking details, offering crucial benefits for individuals and businesses alike. The service’s cost-effectiveness and suitability for legal and business purposes make it essential for those needing prolonged access to their shipment history.
USPS Tracking Plus is a valuable resource for individuals or businesses requiring extensive and official tracking information. The service’s accessibility and prolonged tracking benefits make it a significant addition for various users across different scenarios.