If you tend to ship medium to large items, then finding a reliable and cost-effective way to ship is important. Sometimes, it’s hard to navigate which service may be best for your business needs. However, there’s a solution: Parcel Select Ground. This is a shipping service offered by the United States Postal Service (USPS).
In this blog, we’ll delve into the ins and outs of USPS Parcel Select Ground, exploring its benefits, usage, and everything you need to know to make the most of this economical shipping option.
What is USPS Parcel Select Ground?
This is a shipping service designed for non-time-sensitive packages that don’t require expedited delivery. It’s an excellent choice for sending larger, heavier items without breaking the bank. Unlike priority services, this shipping method offers cost savings while providing a reliable transportation network.
Key Features and Benefits
There are a variety of amazing features that Parcel Select offers. They include:
• Cost-Effective Shipping
One of the biggest advantages of this option is that it’s affordable. If your package does not need expedited delivery and you’re looking to save on shipping costs, then this service is an excellent option.
• Weight and Size Flexibility
Parcel Select Ground accommodates packages weighing up to 70 pounds. This makes it suitable for shipping a wide range of items. Additionally, the combined length and girth (2x width + 2x height) cannot exceed 130 inches, providing enough space for various package sizes.
• Nationwide Coverage
USPS has a wide network of delivery routes, which means that their Ground options cover a lot of the United States. Whether you’re shipping locally or to the other side of the country, USPS has you covered.
• Basic Tracking Included
Parcel Select Ground includes basic package tracking. Therefore, both the sender and recipient monitor the package’s transit progress.
• Easy Drop-Off Options
Sending a package with this service is hassle-free. You can drop off your packages at your local post office or schedule a pickup if you have multiple packages to send.
Now that you know its highlights, let’s see how this method can be put into action.
How Does USPS Parcel Select Ground Work?
Using USPS Parcel Select Ground is simple and straightforward. In order to use it, the steps are:
- Package Preparation: Prepare your package for shipping. At this step, you make sure the package meets the weight and size requirements for Parcel Select Ground.
- Labeling: Attach the appropriate shipping label. This includes the recipient’s address and a return address clearly visible.
- Drop-Off or Pickup: Take your package to the nearest post office for drop-off or schedule a pickup through the USPS website or mobile app if you have multiple packages.
- Transit and Delivery: USPS collects the packages and transports them through their network until they reach the destination facility. From there, they deliver to the recipient’s address.
With any shipping service you use, there are some other things to know just so you can make sure it is the right service for you. If you think you want to use Parcel Select Ground, there are a couple of considerations to make:
• Delivery Time: Unlike expedited services, Parcel Select Ground is not guaranteed to arrive within a specific timeframe. Delivery times can vary based on distance and location, typically taking between 2 to 8 business days.
• Tracking Updates: While Parcel Select Ground includes basic tracking, it may not provide real-time updates like more premium services. However, the tracking information is usually updated at major transit points.
If the key features of the service outweigh its considerations for your business and shipping needs, then Parcel Select Ground is a fantastic choice as a low-cost option for medium and larger goods.
All in all, USPS Parcel Select Ground is a cost-effective and reliable shipping solution for packages that don’t need expedited delivery. With its weight and size flexibility, nationwide coverage, and easy drop-off options, it’s a popular choice for both individuals and businesses.
By understanding how to use Parcel Select Ground effectively, you can save on shipping costs without weakening service. So, the next time you need to send a non-time-sensitive package, consider using USPS Parcel Select Ground for an economical and efficient shipping experience.
If you would like help finding a fulfillment partner/3PL that specializes in HAZMAT reach out to our Fulfillment Consultants and we can place you with a vetted fulfillment partner.